Monday 9 February 2015

It's Tough Sometimes!

Teaching the final years of primary school comes with a particular set of challenges. And not all of them olfactory. (Love my kiddos for sure, but sometimes their (pre-) pubescent hormones make my eyes water.)

Today's challenge looked like this. Awful isn't it?

The view of Port Noarlunga Beach from Hortas Restaurant
where I sat with a cup of tea, made headway with our spelling
analysis and watched the kiddos.
This week our upper primary classes are doing their yearly aquatics programme at Port Noarlunga beach. Four mornings this week they'll be surfing, wave skiing, snorkelling, kayaking and body boarding under the direct supervision and tutelage of expert water sport educators.

Yep. You read that right. Under someone else's supervision. (I'm many things but water sport educator ain't one of them. Let me assure you.) They are my kiddos though so I retain a kind of duty of care (and a pretty big enormous interest in their wellbeing) so I have to be at the beach too.

It's a challenge, but someone's gotta do it.





No comments:

Post a Comment